(peace and blessings be upon him)
Weekly Goal: Then and Now
Prophet Idris (peace be upon him) lived in 3000bc Babylonia/Mesopotamia and migrated to the Nile River. Look up the Nile River on globe. Discuss what country is there today (Egypt).
Then and Now
Learn about Egypt
- Visit Egypt World
- Visit Egypt, the Complete Guide
- Learn about Egyptian Culture
- Take a virtual tour of Egypt
- The Stars in Geddoh's Sky by Claire Matze (32 pages Ages 3-7)
- The Children of Egypt by Pitkanen (40 pages Age 8+ years)
- Egypt by Pluckrose (30 pages)
- On which continent is Egypt? Africa
- What is the most important natural resource of Ancient & Present Day Egypt? Nile
- Are people still living there today? Yes
- How have the land and people changed since the Prophet first called the people to Islam?
- Find the Nile River on map/globe.
- Go to Map of Ancient Egypt
- Visit Map of the Nile - scroll to the second map.
- Print out map and draw in the Nile River.
- Put map(s) into 'My Book of Prophets', at the end of the chapter.
- Take pictures of your projects and post them to be added to the website.
- Go to the park or in your backyard and dig a trench (Nile River). Fill with water.
- Go to Egypt, the Complete Guide and click on Egyptian recipes. Make it for dinner this week! Email the group to let them know whether you liked it or not. Take a picture of your dinner and post it to the group to be added to the website.
- Read The Day of Ahmed's Secret by Florence Parry Heide
- Learn to write your name in Arabic.
- Make a door hanger with your name and put it on your room.
- Take a picture and post it to the group to be added to the website.
- Read The Shipwrecked Sailor: An Egyptian Tale of Hieroglyphs by Tamara Bower and find another library book about hieroglyphs (Hieroglyphs from A to Z by Peter Der Manuelian - call number 493.1)
- Make an Egyptian hieroglyph scroll. Take a piece of paper and glue sticks or dowels to one end. Write a message in hieroglyph on the paper, roll it up, tie closed with a ribbon or yarn. (This can also be done on clay rolled out flat to make a "tablet")
- Open scroll. Have someone take a picture of you holding your scroll and post the picture to the group to be added to the website.
- Discuss what writing looks like in different languages. Discuss how people a long time ago used pictures instead of words when writing.
Allah knows best. Any errors are my own and any truth is only from Allah.